Announcing the Experimental Soaring Association Western Workshop 2018

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Topaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
Thanks for putting up the videos. Al Bowers looks older and heavier than I remember. Kind of like that guy in the mirror. Haven't really sat down for all of video yet, but I will.
His is particularly good, especially this year. They have some really interesting results and applications to report. We could be seeing a big advance in props and turbofans, as well as wings. Don Crawford's lecture is a really tough bit of math, but if he can pull it off, there's gold for wing designers at the end of it.

Topaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
I just posted another video to the Experimental Soaring Association YouTube channel. This time it's Sonja Englert and the construction and design of her Caro 1 motorglider, powered by a VW auto-conversion engine. It's a nice bit of work - virtually all carbon-fiber composite, and a nice two-seater with removable wing extensions for higher-performance soaring, or leave them off for more cross-country-under-power work.

I will likely not be announcing every video I post from here on out, so please subscribe to the channel (it's totally free) if you want notifications when a new lecture goes up. Six people already are subscribed. We've got some good lectures set to post, once I get the editing completed and permission from each speaker. The more attention, "likes", and subscribers we can get, the more likely it will be that I can convince the ESA leadership to continue this practice of posting the lectures next year, and possibly even get a real-time webinar set up. Thanks!

fly2kads

HBA Supporter
I'm one of your six subscribers...keep 'em coming! I have watched Bowers' talk so far. It would be great to get him in a forum where he doesn't have a time constraint and just let him roll. Now to choose which one to watch next.... :)

Topaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
I'm one of your six subscribers...keep 'em coming! I have watched Bowers' talk so far. It would be great to get him in a forum where he doesn't have a time constraint and just let him roll. Now to choose which one to watch next.... :)
Thank you! :)