Announcing the Experimental Soaring Association Western Workshop 2018

Discussion in 'Upcoming Events and Trip Reports' started by Topaz, Aug 19, 2018.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Oct 26, 2018 #41

Topaz

Topaz

Topaz

His is particularly good, especially this year. They have some really interesting results and applications to report. We could be seeing a big advance in props and turbofans, as well as wings. Don Crawford's lecture is a really tough bit of math, but if he can pull it off, there's gold for wing designers at the end of it.

2. Oct 30, 2018 #42

Topaz

Topaz

Topaz

I just posted another video to the Experimental Soaring Association YouTube channel. This time it's Sonja Englert and the construction and design of her Caro 1 motorglider, powered by a VW auto-conversion engine. It's a nice bit of work - virtually all carbon-fiber composite, and a nice two-seater with removable wing extensions for higher-performance soaring, or leave them off for more cross-country-under-power work.

I will likely not be announcing every video I post from here on out, so please subscribe to the channel (it's totally free) if you want notifications when a new lecture goes up. Six people already are subscribed. We've got some good lectures set to post, once I get the editing completed and permission from each speaker. The more attention, "likes", and subscribers we can get, the more likely it will be that I can convince the ESA leadership to continue this practice of posting the lectures next year, and possibly even get a real-time webinar set up. Thanks!

fly2kads likes this.
  3. Oct 30, 2018 #43

fly2kads

fly2kads

fly2kads

Well-Known Member HBA Supporter

I'm one of your six subscribers...keep 'em coming! I have watched Bowers' talk so far. It would be great to get him in a forum where he doesn't have a time constraint and just let him roll. Now to choose which one to watch next.... :)

Topaz likes this.
  4. Oct 30, 2018 #44

Topaz

Topaz

Topaz

Thank you! :)