• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

AMW808 100hp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyvulcan

Hi all,

We are removing the original AMW808 100hp engine from our Lightning Bug and are offering the engine for sale.

I do not have comprehensive details about the engine but I believe that it was fitted new to the aircraft when the aircraft was built in the early '90's. The aircraft has around 90 hours on it so the engine is likely to have the same.

What I can confirm is that the engine suffered an overheat on the rear cylinder last time the aircraft flew 2 years ago. The engine has since been rebuilt but the aircraft has not flown since the engine rebuild. We have not run the engine since we purchased the aircraft almost a year ago.

The engine comes with the reduction gearbox and exhaust system but not the radiator (which we may need for our replacement engine).

Here are some photos of the engine as currently fitted to the Bug (engine has not yet been removed from the aircraft):

L Bug 3 - Engine.jpg and e7.jpg

Installed weight for this 100hp engine is around 130 lbs including exhaust and radiator.

Price is $3300 ono. ex-Louisianna.

Please pm me if interested.

Regards,

Dave

Back