• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Aluminum tube spar and tube rib construction details

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyscooter

I was wondering if anyone has some good photos showing the construction details of how the aluminum tube ribs are attached to the tube spars as used on the Airdrome Airplane wings, Graham Lee Nieuport, Hornet, Honcho ultralight or similar design. I've found some pictures online, but they aren't the greatest to see the detail.

Also, does anyone know what the material thickness is on the flanges Airdrome uses to attach the ribs to the spars, and do they use all steel pop rivets?

I've been kicking around some ideas for an ultralight design now that I'm retired, and any details that anyone can share regarding these structural details would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Neal

Back