• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Aircraft , U/L ... Reducing drag.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTJosh

Hello all,
I know part of this thread has been posted many times but....

I have been doing some minor research, trying to prepare myself for the big build. (1550 Vmax high wing full vw.) I have herd people making or buying strut fairings, and wheels pants, etc. What i have just learned is that you can also add vortex generators to the wings, horizontal and vertical stabilizer to get a substantial increase in lift and aerodynamics. Im wondering if anyone on here has ever done that to there own wings? Also i just found out about reducing drag from the prop by adding something called "Propeller Vortelators" (I can't seem to find a clear picture as to what exactly they are) I'm not looking into making the plane faster, but for the little price that these items can be installed for why not? I know people do the streamlining of the struts, but does anyone know about anyone doing the "propellor job" or the VG's on flying surfaces?

The only thing i have found out about the vg's is if you install them the entire length of the wing, apparently when you reach the lower stall speed it is quite abrupt rather then a gradual stall. (if that makes sense)?

Thanks for any input!

PROPELLER VORTELATOR KITS FOR HOMEBUILT AIRCRAFT from Aircraft Spruce Canada

Airwave Vortex Generators

Back