• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Aircraft specified nose levels in db.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JIC

Where can a person find the niose level of different make and models of propeller driven aircraft?
I'm interested in the noise levels at take off, landing, and in cruise flight.
The aircraft I'm mostly interested in are the U-6 beaver military designation of the DHC-2 dehavilland
beaver, Cessna 185, aerocommander 680E, and the C-47 or DC-3.

The reason I am interested in the noise levels of these aircraft is because they are the ones I flew in
and worked on when I was in the Army. I am filing for compensation for service connected hearing loss.
my military medical records show that I did suffer hearing loss, the only catch is they show I had a slight
hearing loss in the left ear when I enter the service. When I left the service I had additional loss to the
left ear and a loss in my right ear which I did not have when entering service.

I am thinking that if I have some number of the noise level of these aircraft that it might help me proof
my case.

Thanks,

jic

Back