• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Aircraft mechanic, soon to be aircraft builder in Atlanta.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregman_1

Hey guys, Greg here.

I got my start in aviation around 2000 in Aviation Explorers in high school with the local EAA chapter. Flew in a bunch of cool homebuilts and a couple certified ones. Now, many moons later, I am almost done with my Airframe & Powerplant license, I work at a local general aviation repair facility, and I'm about to start ground school to get my private pilot's license (I did this many moons ago in high school, so I'm doing the Sporty's kit as a refresher). I ride motorcycles (a lot), I've been into Jeeps for 14 years, I used to race sailboats, and I'm just a general gear head and adventure junkie.

I plan on starting work on a Hummel Bird this December (expect the powerplant questions lol), and in the future, I'd like to build a BD5J and an RV-10 or Foxtrot Four to tote the family around in.

I look forward to the expertise here, and meeting and flying with local members (it's been 12 years since I went to an EAA pancake breakfast!).

Oh yeah, I live in Monroe, between Atlanta and Athens. I work at Covington Municipal (9A1). Drop in sometime!

Back