• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Adhesive

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulgy80

Dear All

I feel sure one of you guys has come across this issue before and would really appreciate your input.

I have had a 2 part fuel tank mould made, a base and a lid Due to the shape of the base I have had a lip put around the edge to allow the lid to be bonded on, the question is what adhesive should I use?? The tanks are scheduled to be made in polyester and the resin manufacturer Scott Bader are comfortable with their product in contact with 100LL and Mogas, we just need to find the best adhesive for the job.

Regards

Paul

Back