• Become a Premium Member today!

Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Why become a Premium Member?

• Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts.
    • Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

Become a Premium Member today and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Upgrade Now

A novice question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevetosh

Hi guys,

I have been looking around awhile but now want to get start to build my plane but here is my problem.

1. I want a composite plans built
2. 4 seats

After 2 years before I joined this forum, I still always come to these 2 planes which I dont really know what to do, which is Cozy MK IV and Vision 4 seat ( freedom ), but Cozy is a plane which I would really love to build but by the time I finish building I will be a low time pilot with a generally saying canard are not for low time pilot scares me.

As for the Vision I mailed Scott when the Prototype Vision 4 seats will be ready but he said not in the nearer future, so now here is my question if i Build the Vision 2 seat with a fuselage of the Freedom 4 seats, and after the prototype have been flown or some current builder have finish building and fly the 4 seater version can I re-modified the plane to put the additional 2 seats at the back? Will this have any effect with the plane as in structural failure or aerodynamic problem.

Steve.

Back