• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

A Detailed Look at PSRU Design Methodology

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epijack

Over the course of recent years, and over the course of having designed several engines and gearboxes for various applications (PSRU, helicopter, NASCAR, INDYCAR, industrial, etc) , several clients and a number of friends have asked me to make available my thoughts on "How to Design a PSRU".

I am getting on in years (one of my friends is continually reminding me of that), and since I am no longer making / selling hardware, I figured now would be a good time to publish some details on torsional vibration, gear design, shaft design, housing design, etc. etc.......

SO, without further ado.........

http://www.epi-eng.com/propeller_reduction_technology/gearbox_design_process.htm
{ And you don't need to be concerned if your AV software screams "NOT SECURE"...........I have not yet converted the 150-or-so pages on my site to HTTPS, but there is no solicitation of information anywhere on the site. }

Back