• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

50 HP 5 CYLINDER RADIAL WITH PREDATOR HEAD/CYLINDERS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philr

The idea I have is a collaboration to design and share cad/cam files and drawings to build your own 5 cylinder radial engine. My inclination is to use a cylinder from one of the single cylinder engines out there. 10 hp singles or 14 hp times five cylinders might be close to 50 hp. Using the 420 cc engine would net 2100 cc and could use a longer stroke too. As always a picture helps with the conceptualization. No real data on what such a animal would weigh do you all think we could build one under 90 lbs? I thought we could setup a single cam using chain drive instead of geared to make it easier. Use hall effect sensors and coils with a battery to keep it lighter and no magneto.
1693761934954.png

Back