• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

360 surround top view camera?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jandetlefsen

I don't mean Insta 360 and the likes. I mean that stitched video feed that modern cars have that give you a top down view of your vehicle. Technically it's just a video mixer that usually takes in 4 video signals and processes a new one stitched together. And since most planes don't reverse 3 cams would do. The system to do this is quite low cost like this one.

Anyone tried this?

Advantages i see: Seeing early if your wings gets close to obstacles. We got a lot of stray dogs on the field and would be nice to see where those dudes are relatively to my plane. Already plan a forward cam with feed onto G3x. So this would be just two more cams, some leads and a small mixer box somewhere. Think they have a button to select only forward view etc.

Back