• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hi I'm Skelly, I'm building a Kitfox mk2 with a KFM 112M engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skelly

Hi everyone,

I have just joined the forum and thought it best to introduce myself.

I live on a smallish island off the north coast of France called England.

By trade I am a race engine builder / mechanical engineer.
I have spent a lot of time rebuilding my WW2 jeep and building and racing motorcycles which I did ok at and even won a championship.

I have just bought a Denney Kitfox mk2 which needs a total and complete ground up restoration following a tree landing by the previous owner.
It has a KFM112M engine in it with dual Leburg ignition.
I have never tackled an aircraft project before so I am looking forward to a very steep learning curve.
The aircraft is currently in my workshop and I have stripped to a bare frame to do a bit of 'tweaking'.
I still need to strip the wings and see how bad the damage is, if any.
The engine has been rebuilt but that was around 2 years ago and it has just sat there since, I popped the cylinders off to take a look inside and was pleasantly surprised, new valves and seats, new rings, nikasil bores seem fine but I will bore gauge it all and do a proper clearance check.

I'm going to apologise in advance if I ask any stupid questions on here.

Cheers,
Skelly.

Back