• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Teacher from Arkansas!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbrown

Hey guys (and gals) I'm Jared!

I joined to research and info grab while I prepare for the project of a lifetime. I know the statistics of starting a project like this, but I'm willing to risk it. I've always been into building projects, motors and torque specs are more than a hobby, its kind of an obsession. I've been rebuilding stand up jet skis since college, they are small, cheap, and fun! Perfect for a broke college student. Before that my father and I flew model airplanes. That started a spark, I had always wanted to fly and flying something else from the ground really did not fill that need. A couple years ago I heard about kit planes you can build yourself, which I LOVE the idea of. But I was transitioning from college to the "real" world and I could barely balance a check book, let alone get a pilots license.

But now I'm a little more settled and my last ski project is getting finished. I started looking up info, just like a did for jet skis. Those searches for jetskis lead me to pwctoday.com years ago(Where I am "jobrown"). Its an awesome ski forum that helped me with years worth of projects, and these airplane searches lead me here. Looks like yall have an awesome community and I would love to join it.

So I have a dream. I dont have a lot of money, or parents with money, or a job that pays well... (High school biology teacher) But I do have a few years worth of experience building engines though and a lot of tools that have accumulated in the tool box. And theres that dream stuff to. Ive wanted to do this since I was 12 flying those model airplanes into the ground. Which only happened once. And it was windy.

Either way I'm saving up for the pilots license now and then we will see about a plane. I have summers off so that will allow me to join a class maybe? Figure I could get it done pretty quickly that way. Ive been looking at planes, and the zodiac 650 has really caught my eye. The build seems very straight forward, love the bubble canopy and the low wing... Just a great looking little plane.

Anyways thats my story. I know few that want to actually do, and maybe I will become one of those statistics. But theres a chance I wont! Time will tell. All goes well you will see a build page show up a few months from now!

Back