• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Changing tip design from droop tips to upswept tips.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CriCriOz

AS im sure most know on here, i have a sadler vampire.
though today i have discovered a small problem with storage, the aircraft is just 2 inches wider than my garage door when its on the trailer.

124990342-S.jpg

now i got to thinking, the Vampire has a Symmetrical airfoil profile, and drooped wing tip fairings, as seen here

125693140-S.jpg

my question is..
Can the wingtip fairings be swapped sides so that the tips sweep Up instead of down? i am assuming they will look similar to the wingtip of the Cheetah Joey 2 or super diamond.

will this create any aerodynamic changes? or improvements?

if the tips are reversed then they will point inward creating enough clearance to get through the doors, and also reduce the chances of damage while its on the roads.

Last edited:
Back