• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

wing mounting location.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racer956

I just purchased a sonerai ii. It is ready to be covered and need the tail rebuilt. The question I have is does anybody have the plans for the square tail that I can buy? Also does the plane fly better with a low wing or mid wing? I like the look of the mid wing but want the best performance. Can anyone tell me from there experiance what works better. Thanks

The low wing has better visibility and more room in the cockpit. There's not a nickel's worth of difference in the way they fly..
Theoretically, the mid wing should have a little less drag, and you might be able to measure it. ;D

I think the biggest difference is whether you can get your legs under the spar carrythru for the midwing to get into the plane. If your taller than John Monnett is you probably can't. That's about 5'10". ;)
-Pete

there is also how to put the airplane on to consider. i only have 32" inseam but had to straighten my legs and slide my backside down the seat back as my feet slid toward the pedals. once in there was more room than in my old F5000 car.

Back