• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

who's going to sun n fun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeff naul

I'll be there saturday and sunday...not in my sonerai... top gun starts Monday so I'll be playing with my little plane the rest of the week.. Any sonerais?

Attachments

• JEFF AND SCOTT 122'' JUG-3 BLUR.jpg
    JEFF AND SCOTT 122'' JUG-3 BLUR.jpg
    461.5 KB · Views: 51
I blew up a 1/5 scale meister p47 to 1/4 scale. Weighs 75lbs 122" wingspan has 3w 157cc twin for power. about 18 h.p. I scratch built the whole plane but the canopy. A friend formed it for me (guy on the left). Guy in the middle is my good friend who helped with the whole project (He's my tool pusher Lol) then me on the right (Only one small enough to fit in a sonerai) It's a big poo bear in the air. Flys too easy. That picture was actually taken for the cover of a r/c flying video in Atlanta last November. I wouldn't have a clue how to post any of it. Cool video though, the video company mounted a camera on the vertical. good footage flying behind a B24 that had smoke on all 4 engines and the 47 flying in the smoke.

I arrived Wednesday, for shopping.
Checked out the foreflight 7.0 forum today. It was good, but only might be able to use the web based foreflight. C-98 I think isthe booth.
My forum on Inspection is tomorrow at noon. The powerpoint still works. It lasts 2 hours. I hope to see someone from SII there.
This forum gets you the FAA/IA approval.
Bill E

sun n fun? Post Mortem

I was there just 4 days. Sun and Fun
The forums were good. I really liked the Foreflight.
The FAA/IA qualification was talked about but FAA never showed with the forms. For the moment it looks dead
On the con side, The airshow was smaller I thought. Say about 15 performers.
I really like Patty Wagstaff but didn't think she few very well.
Last year there were many new LSA designs. This year none.
I thought that attendance and parking were way down though they say S&F made money for the first time.
Parking was $10/day, Admission was $32/day for members.
It rained some but I liked the weather a lot.
My buddy missed his flight due US Customs search at CYUL. He returned home and stayed there.
Car rental and Motel both tried to rip me off.
The sporting goods shopping was the highlight. Guess you'd say trip was a flop.
Hard to say how I'd ever get up to do this again,
Bill E

I was a little disappointed too....I expected to see more in the homebuilt area. The R/V with the wild red and blue paint scheme better win something! I hoped to see more glasairs because that's what getting built next. But only saw a few.

Back