Quantcast

Which mission to satisfy first?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Turd Ferguson

6. Currently rent and no one around here really wants to rent their planes out for a week at the time without a stiff minimum number of hours. I've tried it and it really is not practical.
This is true which is why you might want to investigate one of the lesser advertised methods of ownership - A flying club or fractional/equity ownership. You pay a fraction of the cost of owning a plane, have reasonably good availability/flexibility in scheduling and can continue training toward more certificates or ratings while you fly. Something like a Cessna 182 is not fast but it's solid, will get where you want to go and is quite versatile.

Twodeaddogs

HBA Supporter
The RV is the ideal all-rounder; a friend of mine did Dublin to Cape Town return in his RV-6,so the long range mission is well within their grasp. If you want to go bush, why not go traditional and get a Cub? there are a million variants out there...

Blueberry

This is true which is why you might want to investigate one of the lesser advertised methods of ownership - A flying club or fractional/equity ownership. You pay a fraction of the cost of owning a plane, have reasonably good availability/flexibility in scheduling and can continue training toward more certificates or ratings while you fly. Something like a Cessna 182 is not fast but it's solid, will get where you want to go and is quite versatile.
Great thought. We do have a club in town. I'll check them out closer. Thanks!!

The RV is the ideal all-rounder; a friend of mine did Dublin to Cape Town return in his RV-6,so the long range mission is well within their grasp. If you want to go bush, why not go traditional and get a Cub? there are a million variants out there...
The RV-6 has has been brought up several times... I am definitely considering just buying one and then start on the bush plane. Cub is definitely an option but don't really want the tandem which is why I have the Bearhawk high on the list.

Thanks for the thoughts guys!

BJC

HBA Supporter
the only snag about the -6 is that it's cramped for tall guys, otherwise it's excellent.
Yup, and the seats can be modified to gain another inch or so of headroom. If I were building one, I would use a -7 vertical and rudder.

BJC