Quantcast

Wanted - Baker Bobcat / Supercat plans

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

rcflier

Hi.
I have an original set of Bobby Baker Bobcat plans - Serial# 580. Construction manual and newsletters...
Last year I bought a used MTO Sport Gyrocopter which is now nearly ready to fly. Just very small issues.
(I'll use it to get my license and then keep me occupied)

So I'll never get to build this "large model" aircraft. Let's find a price that'll make both of us happy.
Bobcat.jpg
Regards,
Erik (Denmark, Europe)

Last edited:

bruce

Any chance of getting copies of the newsletters? I have a set of plans with the construction manual but not the newsletters. I hope to finish the Bobcat project my dad started in the mid 80’s “someday”

Efliernz

Erik - any chance of scanning and sharing the newsletters? That would be awesome! It’s frustrating that much of the Bobcat history is before the internet became a daily part of life. Especially as the Yahoo Groups have been shut down.

We’ve hot a problem with it not being possible to import the plans/mail into NZ at the moment as New Zealand has Denmark and about 40 other countries on the banned-list due to Covid... so Erik and I found out :(

rcflier

Bruce,
that's quite a lot of pages. And I already packed the lot.
But if I can get over my laziness, I might.. I like info to be available.

So that's a project when the weather is bad - and I have finished ground school in early november.
(I don't think NZ has opened for mail by then)

Right now I have my head filled up with the fact, that someone damaged a rotorblade on my gyrocopter!
And I don't live nearby, so I can see, if the damage is within allowable specs.
If not, then the entire rotor has to be scrapped, blades, hub and towers.
Quite a fortune and also yet another delay.
Cheers
Erik

rcflier

Plans lot sold very suddenly to David who stepped in and took over, when Pete dropped out because of import restrictions.
(Bruce and Pete, maybe you can make a scanning or photo deal with "David L. Downey" here on forum)
Cheers
Erik

rcflier

The gyro is in a small hanger belonging to my instructor
The blades were boxed and the hub in a large wheeled toolbox.
I have to do some small work on my gyro before it can be finally approved.
So the controller and my instructor had a talk about helping me out to speed it up.
My instructor then (being the old importer of those gyros) mounted the rotor onto the mast.
He went away in his (tall) autocamper, and when he reurned, he backed into the rotor.
So he called me with good news and bad news. Right now I'm in limbo far away and don't
know anything - is the rotor useable? And if not - what then? What will the car insurance pay?

I'm mostly annoyed about all the delays (most of them have been caused by me, though).

Cheers
Erik