• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

UV Barrier in mold on clear carbon fiber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drake

There is a great demand on clear carbon parts people really like the looks of it. Is there any process of spraying a clear coat uv in the mold and layup and infuse on top of it with epoxy??? the old way of using a automotive clear after the part is cured is very time consuming for me. Maybe i should switch to a VE resin??? Oh ya my temp range is -40F to 150F. I am trying to pull near finished parts using infusion process. It seems the automotive urethane clears have the best UV protection. What is the industry doing to solve this issue?

Back