• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Test Engine Stand for Rotax's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armilite

Looking for ideas or Plans for a Good Engine Test Stand for building and running Rotax's on. My Big Chevy with Transmission mounted Stand was way too big, so I Sold it. Need something Small, mainly for Building and then Run Testing, Rotax Singles, and Twins.

Was looking on ebay and found this one, I might try to adapt it, if I don't find something better.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Father-Mot...051977?hash=item41df2b9e49:g:HdYAAOSwZ8ZW2EL6

At a Car Show once many years ago now, I saw a Test Stand that was two-part, the Base and then used different Top modules for different Types of Engines. The Top Module was high enough that you could run a Prop on about any Engine. The guy had a VW Engine with a Prop as his display. Back then it was $650. For extra modules, they cost on avg $250ea. Never got a photo of it.

Attachments

• ENGINE STAND 9.jpg
    ENGINE STAND 9.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 8
  • ENGINE STAND 12.jpg
    ENGINE STAND 12.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 8
  • ENGINE STAND 10.jpg
    ENGINE STAND 10.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 4
  • ENGINE STAND 11.jpg
    ENGINE STAND 11.jpg