• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Talk about a steep learning curve

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StRaNgEdAyS

OMG my learning curve just got one helluva lot steeper!
I just recieved from an aquaintance a copy of ANSYS ICEM CFD 5.0
Man is that gonna be an interesting tool once I figure out how to import stuff into it.
One of the reasons I got it was so I can investigate areas of high pressure around cowls for the purpose of installing cooling ducts, I figured it would make sense to put these things where high pressures naturally occur.
It's gonna be a pretty stiff task to get my head around some of this stuff though, I'm just finding out about it's limits as to the sizes of the meshes it can deal with.
The first one I tried to import was over 1 million triangles and it by default would not display it.

Back