• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Suitable wheels for an Aeronca C2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bertie Lissie

I am rebuilding an Aeronca C2. It has no landing gear or wheels at present. I've seen a couple of rebuilds with brakes and 800 x 4 wheels, probably ex. J3 Cub, but I have no need for brakes and would like to fit original style 'doughnut' wheels and tyres.

The copy of the original C of A that I possess says the aeroplane was fitted with 'Goodyear air wheels 16 x 7'. I wondered if any forum member had faced a similar conundrum in sourcing suitable tyres for a pre war aeroplane? I have considered trying to find a suitable sized Quad Bike or ATV tyre and cutting all the knobby bits off, much like WW1 replica builders do with dirt bike tyres.

Any random thoughts or suggestions most welcome!

Back