• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Stuffing a Waco in a trailer in 1-1/2 hours (and Bacon Parties!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirPigz

Today I posted a 50 image photo essay I did of Kyle and Amanda Franklin disassembling their beast of a Waco and putting it in a trailer to head out to the next airshow. They do this at almost every airshow they go to... take the airplane apart and put it in a trailer. It's pretty amazing.

You can check it out at: AirPigz - blog - The Franklin's Waco 'Mystery Ship': Tear Down And In The Trailer! (50 Pix)*

I'm also heading up to Oshkosh tomorrow (Sat) to float my way down to the campsite I marked out on Monday. I'm having a couple of AirPigz 'Bacon Parties' for anyone interested in stopping by and talking airplanes. One on Tuesday (7-27) and the other on Saturday (7-31), both run 5-7pm at my campsite in Camp Scholler. There's a map to my campsite in the Bacon Party post at AirPigz - blog - Can You Buy Friends At Oshkosh With Bacon? I’m Gonna Try!*, but it's simply between 42nd and 43rd Streets on the south side of Lindbergh Ave - pretty easy to find.

You can also find the Bacon Parties listed on the very cool "OSHplanner.com" events scheduling app at OSHplanner - Bacon Parties. I highly recommend you check out OSHplanner to plan what forums etc you're going to attend. It's free and is actually way more powerful than the EAA app.

And hey, I hope to meet some of you at OSH : )

Martt
AirPigz

Back