• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Sonerai1 and Sport Pilot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCupp

Hi,

I sold my Sonerai2 project awhile back but have always wanted a Sonerai1 as I used to have a cassutt and now fly sport Pilot. I just noticed in the new Kitplanes that the Sonerai2 is listed as Sport Pilot and the One isn't. Is that a typo or real?

Also is the folding wing really doable for one person?

thanks

jack

Welcome to the forum.

I flew my SI under sport pilot rules when it truly had a Vh of 138 mph. Keep it light and propped for climb (I was flying a 52x44, 1850 for power) and it should fit.

Can't say, I don't have it. I would suppose that if it were done correctly it should be doable by one person. I just need help getting the wings started, I can take it from there. I can't say that I wish that I had installed the mechanisms to do it as I rarely take the wings off. I will do it next week, but it's the first time in 4 years that I have had to do it. it all depends on what your mission is for your plane is.

Back