• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

S2 Tail post not in materials list?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CdnMedic

I am about to layout my table to join my 2 sides together. Knowing I'll be tacking to my tail post, I went through my tubing and didn't see any 7/8 .049 tubing. I haven't seen it listed in any of the other material lists.

I do have a 6' stick of the .058 tubing though. The only place I saw that material in my plans today was the small piece on the rudder where the control horn is attached.

I'm considering just using it for the tail post.

Universal advice is stick to the plans.

For the most part, lighter stuff can be assumed to be a bit weak or soft, and heavier stuff can be assumed to be heavy.

Extra weight and extra weight all the way aft will tend to pull cg aft and raise longitudenal mass moment of inertia. Fix for cg a little aft is more weight forward. Usually undesirable for usefulness (reducing usefull load and/ or reducing payload aft) and potentially flattens spins too.

If the plans call for a tube you don't have, get it.

Billski

Back