• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Revmaster 2300 cam specs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kmccune

Does anyone know the full cam specs for a Revmaster 2300... I assume ( maybe incorrectly ?) that the 2100 and the 200 are similar, so they would be help full too.
I'm doing a Dyno 2000 simulation for comparison with other VWs.

Thanks
Kevin

Kevin,
I do not know what engine this cam would have been put in. When I ordered it the person taking the order said, "oh, that is a custom grind for a company called revmaster." I purchased this cam about 3 years ago. The profile card says:
intake: valve lash .006, valve lift .390, duration 245*, duration @ .050 213*, opens 1.5* BTDC, closes 31.5* ABDC
exhast: valve lash .006, valve lift .390, duration 245*, duration @ .050 213*, opens 31.5* BBDC, closes 1.5* ATDC
My lobe center is 105*, but cut as RM would have ordered it would be 108* lobe center.
An other very knowledgeable member ran this cam on your same software and gave it around 90 hp @ 3600 rpm. Some one else ran it and said just over 100 hp- which was why I asked the very knowledgeable person to run it.
If it would be possible, could you email me a screen print for the hp and torque curve after you run it? I will have to pm you my work email, my computer took a digger at home. Word to the wise- put your builder's log photos in multiple places/computers.
Scott R

Eric,
It is a Web Cam, 951.369.5144. Grind #224. Each one is made to order. I had to wait 2 weeks because my order just missed the deadline to go to the hardening process. Then they called after QA found that it had not been clearance'ed for the stroker as ordered. They asked if I wanted to wait 2 more weeks, or try this one. If fit without any problems, but my rods offer clearance over stock. Great serverice and a good QA dept.
Scott R

Scott,
Thanks for the part and grind number. I was guessing it was a Web Cam. I spoke with them (and other cam manufacturers) about a year ago and after a lot of research decided that when I do get a new cam, it will be a Web Cam with a grind VERY close to yours.

Eric

Back