• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Restoring wrecked Super Pelican

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello my name is Brian and I recently made a trip to Canada to purchase a Super Pelican ultralight. It had been in a wind storm (I was told) and broke the small tie down rope and tumbled down a field. It came with replacement wing parts and replacement tubing and wing struts, no motor. I am new to the hobby but I think I have a great start. I purchased a new Generac 990 cc V Twin, a P.S.R.U. And a 3 blade 66” Ultra Prop 2. The plane is the same blue and yellow Super Pelican that I fell in love with pictures of from the internet years ago, just wrecked though. If you google Super Pelican my plane is the blue and yellow one in the pictures. The previous owner sold the motor and lost interest. I joined our local airports E.A.A. Chapter and I am renting 1/2 a hangar to work in. I am excited to join homebuiltairplanes.com and would love to see any pictures of your projects. I am new to the internet and will be getting my wife’s help soon to post pictures of my plane and hopefully progress. Thank you again, Brian

Back