• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New guy - Old Builder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

enewton57

Hi Y'all,
My name is Eric Newton and I'm new here. I live down in South Mississippi and have built a couple of airplanes and helped others with theirs.

My first attempt at building was an all composite, plans built aircraft called a Vision. I developed a very bad allergic reaction to the Epoxy resins and had to sell the project.

My next project was a slow-build Van's RV-6a which I completed and flew in October of 2001 after 18 months of construction. I took the RV to Sun N' Fun in 2002 and flew it to a couple of other fly-ins (Waco, TX, etc.) before I sold it to some retired fighter pilots in Pensecola, FL.

I got the itch to build again and started on my plans built Bearhawk 4-place taildragger in 2003 and finished it up in 2008. First flight was on June 7, 2008. I took it to Sun N' Fun as well as Oshkosh this year. The Bearhawk was a great learning experience for me. Since it has a tube and fabric fuselage, I learned to gas weld and fabric cover. The wings are aluminum riveted so i had that experience from the RV.

I currently fly my Bearhawk nearly every weekend and try to make as many fly-ins as I can. Its great fun :ban:and can carry my whole family as well as our camping equipment and baggage.

Attached is a picture of N57EN at Oshkosh.

Eric Newton - Long Beach, MS
Bearhawk N57EN - "Miss'ippi Mudbug"
Mississippi Mudbug Bearhawk Site

Attachments

• osh25.jpg
    osh25.jpg
    413.9 KB · Views: 111
Back