Modifying Canadian Amateur-built a/c

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

PMD

Please remember I am NORTH of 49, so these questions are very much regarding CAR, not FAA regs.

If I buy an existing, previously registered Amateur Built (we don't call them Experimental up here....well WE call them that, but the Ministry of Transport does not) and decide to modify it (in this case, change engines from original design) - where does that leave me as not the designer nor builder of the a/c??? Who approves what? Who can inspect and sign off?

Where/how do I find the RAA guys in my region (YXE)??

Angusnofangus

Please remember I am NORTH of 49, so these questions are very much regarding CAR, not FAA regs.

If I buy an existing, previously registered Amateur Built (we don't call them Experimental up here....well WE call them that, but the Ministry of Transport does not) and decide to modify it (in this case, change engines from original design) - where does that leave me as not the designer nor builder of the a/c??? Who approves what? Who can inspect and sign off?

Try this. There seems to be only one RAA chapter in SK

Dan Thomas

The airplane needs another inspection and approval and another probationary flight period. CAR 549 and CAR Standard 549 hve the details.

PMD

Thank you, gentlemen: that is exactly what I needed. When I look through the RAA page, I seem to know several of the directors and presenters from long past. Will be a gas to get back together with them.