• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

MGL TC-6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magisterol

Hello guys. I just put up an MGL TC-6 on my plane, but CHT #4 doesn’t register anything. Engine is an Lycoming O-320. Anyone has an idea what I can check? I checked the pins for bridging from soldering but they were ok. I took the wire from #2 cylinder and put it on #4 and it works ok, but that only tells me the sensor under the spark plug is ok. Not very useful. Any idea how to check the lead continuity? Or the voltage you should have at the lead, before it goes into the instrument? I am assuming the voltage will vary depending on the temperature registered by the washer under the spark plug. If I have voltage from the lead I would thing the instrument is not pic up the info, so it would be the instrument. Thx.

Back