• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

List of recommended books

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magnus Wallner

I'm in the phase of almost (as in "as close as you can to being certain") having decided what airplane to build, a Radial Rocket taildragger.

The Radial Rocket is a low wing tandem composite aircraft kit made for the Vedeneyev M14 radial engine. The kit requires mostly assembly of composite parts and very little actual structural manufacturing.

This is my first build so I'm in for a very steep knowledge climb. I want to be as prepared as possible when I start so I figure a little studying is in place.

I found the general book list but if I can get some help in pointing out the best books for my build it would be greatly appreciated. The composite section lists a number of books on composite so I'll be able to chose from there so I'm good on composites. What I would like to find are books in the following areas:

Electrical wiring. Preferably something that deals with redundancy aspects and IFR-installations.

Fuel system. Redundancy, plumbing, inverted fuel systems.

Engine. The M14 radial. General about the engine but also about installation. Maintenance aspects.

+ what else you think I need.

Thanks in advance.

/Magnus

Back