• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

I'm Blown Away

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voyeurger

I am absolutely humbled by these posts. My "Gung Ho!".. "I know it'll work" is now, "What the HE$# was I thinking?"
Orion, the Majordomo, Topaz, Sed, Duncan (beautiful website Duncan), Billski, No Reply... I have absorbed more knowledge by reading your posts through osmosis (not being able to understand much of the actual words as it were), than I would have believed possible. Proof: I now know how much I don't know. I DO, with all I possess, know that I will get my hands on some partial kit or plans (composite) and I will build an airplane. I have gotten a taste of the real thing thanks to you all. If I'm going to bust my hump I want to do it among you.

Now, I'm 6'5" tall and weigh about 240#. I am good with my hands and with detail. I have a Subaru EA-85 Engine to power what I decide on. Must be composite (what else is there?) I'd like amphibious but that might be too ambitious. Definitely sport.
If you boys can start me in the general direction of models that might fly me and my wife (oh, she's coming along, you bet), I'd greatly appreciate it.

By the way, I've recently leased a shop with a big yard by the Port of Long Beach, in Southern California. It's wired for 110 and 240V and it's twice what I'll ever need. Will gladly trade shop space/yard space (free rent) for hands on learning from the prospective tenant.
Also: I have a 50MPH hovercraft for sale if someone wants to investigate WIG flying. CHEAP
Also: If the EA-85 is too much for a Sporter, I've got one of them for sale too.

"Honey, I have good news, and I have bad news".

Thanks very much to all of you.
Gary

Back