• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

homebuilt experimental registration

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannyd

Is it possible to register a 1995 Aventura HP under the experimental category?
I read this article and it seems to be no problem
http://www.eaa206.org/tech_pdf/Certify_Homebuilt_Airplane.pdf
I have read all of the applications listed for N# registration and also for airworthiness cert. and don't see any problems.
I spoke with the Aventura kit manufacturer yesterday and he told me something about not being able to register since the original owner/builder did not register before Jan 2009.

I could not find any info about this deadline and what it means.
He said that this plane is not registerable at this point and if I bought it that I would have a real tough time selling it in the future because of this. He said that I would have to dis-assemble and re assemble the plane in order to register.
I could not find any online about this point either.
The owner/builder has been flying this plane as an illegal ultralight.

Any thoughts???

Danny

Back