• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Highlander Grove TriGear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Z

I’ve got a friend’s airplane in my hangar and it’s been for sale for a while. He advertised it for $72k but at this point I’m sure he’d make a smoking deal for any decent offer. I fly it regularly to keep bugs smashed on the leading edges. I like to see if I can make pattern altitude by the end of our 2800’ strip and see how short I can get it stopped after clearing the high tension wires. It is really fun to play with. It came off of straight floats to be a taildragger when it moved to Texas. I was going to get him in his Sport Pilot ticket but health issues squashed the deal. I flew it as a taildragger and it kicked my butt so I made the decision to make it a tricycle (all the old gear is still there if you have the heart). The wings fold. It was signed off in 2007 and has yet to see 300 hours total time. It has been maintained by a certified Rotax mechanic and has never spent the night outside to my knowledge. It has a basic VFR panel with a Garmin 396 and two comm radios; a new Icom and a KX155 with a bad display (Radio works but you’ll never find the freq). The gear was installed at the Just Aircraft factory along with a new Kiev prop (he didn’t like the Ivoprop). PM me or shoot me an email at fmarkzimmermann (at) gmail.com (2Ns on my last name) if you can help this little beast out of my hangar. :gig:

Back