• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hello, New guy wants to Build P-51 Rep

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drew55

Hi from Mississippi. I own a Body repair shop and have build many of street rods. I aways liked flying. My dad was a private pilot so I went up with him off and on. I started taking lessions when I was young about 27 years ago, I had gotten in about 40 something hours, in the low wing 140's and 180's. I had just picked up a used scropion heliocopter. I took a check ride recently in a small 2 seat helio, and its just not for me. So I am going to clean the scorpion up and sale it. I have seen articals about the P-51 replicas with car V-8 motors in them and would very much like to build one to fly. I am very good with metals. And had a lot of electronics experince from the military. So if anyone can give me any ideas where to find a good kit or plans let me know.

Back