• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hello from your oldest newbie!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voyeurger

I've got a bad situation. I don't know if it's "MANopause", or something worse. But, I MUST, build a flying machine. I call it that because it will not be an airplane exactly. Remember the old Superman intro? ... Yeah? Mine will be more like this..."LOOK, up in the sky! Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No IT'S.. hey, what the @$%! is that thing?" That's the way I'll be greeted by all those lowly worms stuck to their boring, meaningless, ground level ... oh, sorry. Kind of drifted off subject there. Ahem.... ah, anyway, I've got a 540 pound, 6 foot by 15 foot, 50MPH hovercraft, and since my wife laughed hysterically (yes, in my face), when I mentioned putting airfoils on it and flying it in ground effect, well, now I've got to get busy, don't I?

One thing I DO NOT kid about is study and work. None of you need worry that I'll stink the place up by killing myself by taking a fatal dose of "dumb-ass" (Though I DO have a Subaru EA-82 105 HP engine to swap out that little bitty Kohler with, hee hee).

See you all in the forum pages sooner or later. Very glad to have the pleasure of your company and conversation.
Gary Satterlee
Epitaph: "**** If I Didn't Almost Show Her"

Back