• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hello from Oregon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesAero

Hello Everyone,

I've been lurking for several months. I fly a King Air B200GT for a living and I also have an A&P license which I haven't put to good use in years. I used to own a 1959 Mooney M20A (with wooden wings), but couldn't afford to keep it at the time.

I've wanted a StarLite ever since I saw it on the cover of Kitplanes magazine back in December of '86. I was only about 10yrs old at the time, but my first flying lesson was about a year later. I'm finally at a point in my life where I could afford one. I was days away from purchasing a beautiful example when I just found out yesterday that the arrangement I made with the seller wasn't held up on his end and the plane was sold. I'm aware of another one that isn't quite complete, but has some paperwork issues. I'll ask some questions about that in the regulations area.

I considered designing an aircraft and bought the Raymer books. After a lot of reading and not enough comprehending I decided it might not be the best way to go for a first project. All of my sketches were basically a StarLite and an AR-5 blended together using an industrial V-twin as a powerplant. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw another member's design (Monty's Depression Fighter). It looks like a great design and I can't wait to hear more about it. The amount of knowledge several of the members here have is simply amazing.

James

Back