• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

gahan's progress ,mini max

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gahan

Gahan's back at it on the mini max. winter has set in and after being some what intimadated about the art of frabric covering ,I dove in and the right wing came out very good but now that I have 2 coats of poly brush i've decided to install a drain out of the bottom of the wing at the fuel tank. I think a little MEK will will desolve the poly brush to allow a 2"
inspection port with 1/4" tube to drain after shutoff.
I threw a cook out and had the local DAR over to the camp ground about half of the active members came the 30 miles the weather was perfect (end of Sep.) got a flying colors to procede with covering. I pulled out all the stops on the chow, and i bet wehn I do the next inspection , the turn out may creat a parking issue !:gig: did that Icon
go into the right spot?
I have progressed on what i want for a motor i started 2 years ago with the 1/2 VW ,sorry but with the mod's and the seriousthoughts to incorporate floats I've decided on a 503 rotax I have a line on one water cooled oil injected cdi as a basket case but it has eletric start a must for float plane' it may only be a parts motor but it looks like the right animal tlak to every one soon.

Back