• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Flap Section

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berridos

I wonder if any body has tips on an efficient flap section for fowler flaps or slotted flaps.
I presume it should be a section that manages to keep the flow attached at a very high angle of attack. What implications does that have on the nose radius and leading edge camber of the flap section.
Anybody has an idea on wing profiles that avoid stall at very high AoA to get an idea of the caracteristics of such profiles?
Does the stall abruptness of such profiles have any importance?
Would it make sense to test flap section on profili or similar software?
Is it very important to have a rounded edge before the flap slot? The air getting into the slot should be turbulent so a corner (maybe zigzagged)would turbulate the incoming air and shouldnt be bad. I dislike very much the huge rounded gap when the flap is retracted at cruise.

Back