• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Elevator Control Rod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chucker

Supporting Member
Fred,

I noticed in you detailed photos that you installed a pivot point for your elevator control rod where the plans have a simple bushing support.

Was there a problem with the original configuration?

John

I too use an idler instead of the bushing the plans call for and it works fine, no friction, moves effortlessly. I had the bushing originally and there was a slight bit of binding caused by the movement of the elevator horn as it moved within a small arc.

Kevin

Thanks!

I found Fred's old newsletter article about why he built the idler. I don't have interference problems...but will check on the binding and other issues.

Thanks for your ideas!

Flyingant,
That seems like a good idea. I would like to see a picture of it installed to see how you did it. Thanks,
Scott

Here's a couple of pics prior to welding. If you need any more let me know.

:D

Attachments

• DCP_0003_22.JPG
    DCP_0003_22.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 63
  • DCP_0002_24.JPG
    DCP_0002_24.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 63

Latest posts

Back