• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Down from the Rafters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toobuilder

Supporting Member
Yesterday saw the RV-8 vacate my hangar for a few weeks, so I decided to take advantage of the added floor space and bring my Shortwing project down from the ceiling and assemble it.

wrl0mp.jpg

Before you think this is some sudden surge of enthusiasm to get it finished, it's just the opposite. I am going to offer it up for sale, so I needed to get it put together for some pictures. This is the first time I've seen it assembled, however. Looks pretty good, so I figured some of you might get a kick out of it.

I'll post a more detailed description in the for sale section, but in the time being, it has a 180 IO-360, Hartzel CS prop, RV-6 cowl and is based on the Tri Pacer fuselage design, but has Cessna 170 gear, a flat floor, two front doors, and a Ti stinger tailwheel.

Back