• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Diehl Starter Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soneraifred

Supporting Member
Hi guys,
I need a small favor. I need to know the dimensions of the starter mounting bore, and starter mounting bolt spacing on a Diehl accessory case. If you’ve got one that you haven’t installed yet, and could measure it for me I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Fred

Hi Fred,

Sorry, I can't help even though I have two Diehl cases in the basement because I removed the starter bosses from both of them. I hope your Wagabond is treating you well.

Ed

Thanks, Ed. I’m trying to find a geared starter that will fit on the HAPI 1835 I have mounted on the front of my Ultra Pup. The original Bosch starter is a direct-drive, and it can’t pull the engine thru more than one compression stroke before it bogs down. The Diehl case I had on the Sonerai had a geared starter that worked great with the same battery I have in the Pup, so I’m trying to determine if that starter will fit the HAPI case. I don’t think it will, but it’s worth a shot.

Thanks, Ed. I’m trying to find a geared starter that will fit on the HAPI 1835 I have mounted on the front of my Ultra Pup. The original Bosch starter is a direct-drive, and it can’t pull the engine thru more than one compression stroke before it bogs down. The Diehl case I had on the Sonerai had a geared starter that worked great with the same battery I have in the Pup, so I’m trying to determine if that starter will fit the HAPI case. I don’t think it will, but it’s worth a shot.
The HAPI and the Diehl are not the same "pilot bore". I ended up using a starter from a BRP787 (Bombardier Recreational Products) on my HAPI case as a replacement for the now-unavailable Bosch. My Bosch had gotten weak and the Denso-clone for the BRP787 has been quite good plus was reasonably cheap (off eBay). I think I had to shorten the nose of the shaft a tiny bit but otherwise it was a drop-in replacement.

Last edited:
I sent you a phone message and photos if you do not get them I will post here Wayne

Back