• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Countersink or dimply

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jodeld18

Hello,
I'm in early stage of a kestrel project
I'm sorry if probably already someone has exposed this question, : i nedd to join two surface of 0.05 thickness with an426ad 5; the rule say thickness more than .04 > countesink, less dimply, but the head height of ad5 is higher than 0.05 (.055 for 5/32 ad5), so i don't think it would be a good job countersinking, but dimpling on high tickness maybe it isn't better and easy....

thanks for you help

Ciao
Andrea
Italy

Back