• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Changeing her back to a trike !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Kelly

Howdy all !
Well, after aprox.3 years of fighting with the pusher tail dragger design I am giveing up and changeing my gyro back to a tricycle landing gear system....
Thanks to McEagle it finally dawned on me what the problem was... as McEagle said the center of gravity is way too far behind the front wheels and the machine will want to swap ends at the slightest provication ! ... which it did !
and when he said that the lights came on ! ... Ofcorse thats what the problem was !
how stupid of me to have missed that !
... well, after looking it over there is realy no way to save the design and retain the stability on the ground that i had gained with the design changes, so its back to the drawing board, I will make her a tricycle landing gear type once again, and make it solid enough so as not to slop arround like the first version of the Bumble Bee did
... at this writeing i am about 1/2 way done getting it back togather , i have the rear wheels on and am working on the front wheel now.
I am sure this will cure the Swap-ends problem i was having with the tail dragger design... and alow me to continue the flight practice !
cheers !

c'Ya !

Bob.....

Back