Quantcast

Can you just buy the gearbox from newer rotax motors

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

way_up_noth

For those rotax operators out there ... can you buy just the newer rotax gearbox... or do you have to buy the motor to get a gearbox?

Thanks

recmob

You must supply the serial number off the engine in order to buy a gearbox. Serial number must correspond to a Rotax aircraft engine or they won't sell the gearbox.

karmarepair

HBA Supporter
I've seen them on the used market - people seize their engines, and rather than overhaul them, they just junk the barrels and pistons and part out the rest.

MadProfessor8138

Log Member
You must supply the serial number off the engine in order to buy a gearbox. Serial number must correspond to a Rotax aircraft engine or they won't sell the gearbo
Uuuuummmmm.....no.
I just ordered a brand new E-gearbox with starter from L.E.A.F. Aircraft yesterday,it will be here tomorrow, and Linda never once asked me for an engine serial number nor does she care what I use the box for.
They supply parts.....they do not keep records of aircraft use.....never have & never will.
That type of record keeping is more in the FAA realm.....

Call L.E.A.F. and pay your money...

Kevin

Daleandee

I just ordered a brand new E-gearbox with starter from L.E.A.F. Aircraft yesterday,it will be here tomorrow, and Linda never once asked me for an engine serial number nor does she care what I use the box for.
That's great news that I was unaware of but it's been years since I've bought anything from them. Good company and good products.

LEAF (Looting Everyone's Aviation Funds) ... not to be taken seriously :eek:

way_up_noth

Uuuuummmmm.....no.
They supply parts.....they do not keep records of aircraft use.....never have & never will.

Kevin
Appriciate the tip..ill check them out

MadProfessor8138

Log Member
We are well past the initial 3 categories of numerical sequences at this point....card number,expiration date and security code.
We have now moved onto the nerve wracking lightning round of.........ACCOUNT BALANCE !!!
I have my top accountant hard at work,as we speak......

300px-Carnac.jpg

Kevin

recmob

Uuuuummmmm.....no.

Kevin
Perhaps LEAF does not, but Lockwood sure does.

MadProfessor8138

Log Member
Perhaps LEAF does not, but Lockwood sure does.
Not disputing you in the least.....
I learned a very long time ago which companies to do business with and which ones to avoid.
You noticed which company I spent my money with.........right ?
There was a very specific reason for that.
Speak to me dismissively once........... and I will remind anyone that my money is welcome anywhere I choose to spend it.

Kevin

Last edited: