• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Building Partner sought - SF Bay Area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karmarepair

Supporting Member
I have long held the dream of building and flying my own plane, and have worked on several projects. I have a private pilot's license, a fairly well equipped shop, and skills in aluminum, steel, wood, and composites fabrication. What I do NOT have is a space big enough to build wings and fuselage. I'm interested in finding a partner within an hours driving radius (and preferably closer) of El Cerrito to share labor and finances to build a small airplane, 1-2 seat, relatively low horsepower. NO two strokes for me. VW or Corvair powered, small Continental, Rotax 912, Jabiru, etc. Tube and rag, aluminum, wood, composite, Scratch built or kit. I'm talking about a $20-30K project, although I'm not averse to a smaller financial portion commitment to a day VFR RV-3 through -9, or -12, Thorp T-18, Mustang Two, Smyth Sidewinder, Turner T-40, etc. I can fabricate parts for assembly at your place, I can come to your place to fab larger components, IF you are COVID cautious. I'm a careful guy in general; we'd need to have similar goals for building and eventual flying, and form strong, clear agreements on lots of issues. Planes that interest me: Thatcher CX-4, Sonex, Onex, Zenith 600 or 700 series, Sonerai II (I had one for a while, but life happened), MAYBE a KR-2, LongEz, Cozy, Volksplane 1, BK-1 (got some early plans for this), Hummel H-5 (I have some pieces already built), Teenie Two (had one of these projects too), Minicoupe, Wittman Tailwind or Butterfly, Christavia Mk2, Bearhawk Patrol, Cygnet (!!), Graham Lee Miranda (plans coming from Canada Someday Soon), Dragonfly, Preceptor Super Pup, Jodel D-9 or -18, Texas Parasol. Extreme STOL doesn't interest me much. I'd rather have a 100+ mph airplane that is still cheap to keep. Eventually, said plane would fly out of Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Gnoss, Smith Ranch, Napa, Livermore. You can see some of my history and opinions here Ryan's Advertisement for Himself

Back