• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Bah Humbug... and Merry Christmas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
The forecast for early afternoon today was 52°, light winds, and partly cloudy... for a brief time between IFR weather. At noon at the house, the skies turned blue, the sun came out, good open cockpit weather and no family obligations for the afternoon, so I headed to the airport 4½ miles away... only to find 200' overcast, couldn't even see the hill past the end of the runway. Hung out with a couple of friends for a little while who were also waiting for it to clear but it didn't, bah humbug, so headed back home again... where it was perfectly clear. Satellite showed a giant hole with the edge between my house and the airport, looked like it was closing up.

Went out for a hike in the sunlit woods instead; being Christmas day it was so quiet it was surreal... no cars or motorcycles on the roads, no leaf blowers, just peaceful and delightful, even if I couldn't fly. Merry Christmas everybody, or happy whatever you care to celebrate. :)

Back