• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Anybody useing the Marcotte

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dieselfume

Anybody out there using a Marcotte PSRU for the soob? I have a friend with an EG33 that is going on a Coot amphib, and he is trying to figure out what redrive to use.

I really like the design with the internal helical gear setup. I contacted them and they told me a bit more about the redrive. They finish their gears to AGMA 16 and use the Nitreg process to surface harden the gears.

Somewhere else I read something about the Crossflow redrive being a knockoff of the marcotte and that Guy Marcotte was an Aeronautical Engineer, any truth to that? Crossflow's site says they finish their gears to AGMA 10 and use the same Nitreg surgace hardening process.

Any opinions, stories, etc on either of these PSRU's? Thanks!

Last edited:
Back