• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Another Nutcase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Tinbuzzard

Hi, all!

I'm one of those people that spends way too much time at the airport (Brackett field in LaVerne, Ca.) working on my two projects. The first is a two seat tandem pusher of my own design that I've been working on for longer than I want to admit. The other is a finished BD-5 that I built while taking a sanity break from the first. The BD first flew in 1997, but is down at the moment while I fix a vaporlock problem in the fuel system. Its a great flying little airplane, far more stable and easy to fly than many think.

I've lent a hand on several other local HB projects including a LongEz, two RV's, and a Scamp. Parts that I have machined have ended up on many others as well. I've been repaid with help bucking the myriad rivets on my plane!

Jeff

Back