• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Another nut for the peanut tin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cryan

Greetings all,

I have come to jump into the peanut tin with everyone else.

Recently acquired my Private Pilots Certificate for SEL. Have always wanted to learn to fly and enjoy learning about and building things. I am a software engineer by trade and do some small carpentry work for fun as well.

My ultimate goal is to own an airplane and if I can build it that would make it all the more sweeter. I am a rather frugal individual and often prefer to spend my time than my money if possible. My primary mission when thinking about airplanes is x-country, ideally 4 people with some baggage.

At this time what I would like to do learn as much as I can and design two airplanes. The first would be a rather small single seat that can be built with a minimum of time and money. The second would be more in lines of a x-country family plane. Both cases I would like to approach from the perspective of being professional and to be able to sell the plans. May never actually do it but I would want the self knowledge that it was designed right and not just right enough for me.

Ultimately my priorities would be in order:
1. safety
2. cost
3. ease

I look forward to learning a lot and will post some questions later on.

Chris

Back